Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh Japan

I've seen the weirdest and coolest thing today on the train. It is an automatic window fogger. Not a window defogger but one that will fog up on purpose. We were looking out the window at the city view and all of a sudden the window was too foggy to see out of. I was confused but thought we passed by some steam vent or something like that but before I could think about it, the window was clear again. I kept my eye on it and realized that at specific times it instantly fogs up then instantly clears. The reason I believe is that certain houses want the extra privacy so when the train gets to a certain area it prevents the riders from seeing. Its cool and awesome but at the same time not entirely necessary. Very Japanesey.


Today we had a tour of downtown kobe with Ryo, Yuki and Mai. They all were very friendly but our Japanese and their English skills held back the conversation a little bit. But Kobe is a huge city! It has those giant crosswalks, it has a china town and it has giant sky scrappers. I wish I could take the time to take pictures of everything. Thats kind of becoming a problem that there is so much cool new stuff that I want to take a picture of and share with everyone but I simply don't have the time for everything.


Also I wish I could get some more internet time. Just a few minutes today after lunch was just enough to update a blog and send everyone messages. I have so much I want to tell everyone its a little frustrating being held back.

No comments: