Saturday, May 23, 2009

Recieving the priesthood

Its been a long time coming but I finally received the Melchizedek priesthood today. During sacrament meeting they sustained me and as I stood up and saw everyone's smiling faces I was just filled with an overwhelming emotion of gratitude to these people. After the sacrament was passed I was asked to come up to the mic and say a few words because it was my last day there. I said that I was very grateful for the fellowship and inspiration that all of the members of this tiny little branch gave me. As I was saying it I was fighting back the tears.

Being here in Japan has changed my life, not just from experiencing Japan but being apart of this small ward. I could no longer be passive about church, I couldn't try to just blend in to the crowd I was forced to really talk to people and be active. And as I've gotten closer to people I found myself being more and more inspired by everything they say and everything they do. Before coming to Japan I didn't particularly like going to church, it was just something that I did because I was supposed to. Over the time I have spent attending this ward I have grown spiritually and for that I am eternally grateful for.

When I was ordained I was just overwhelmed by the love of God and for my friends surrounding me. I could not stop the tears from flowing down my face. Even now thinking about it I feel moved. I feel that this is a major turning point in my life and what happened today will change the rest of my life.

No comments: