Saturday, May 16, 2009

the program is over

Well today is the 15th day I have left in Japan and the program officially ended yesterday with the farewell party. It was really sad to say goodbye to all of those people and finally accept that this little path in my life was going to an end. I couldn't hold back the tears when I realized it was the last day that I would see the people from Hawaii, especially Jay, Nohea and Courtney as they are leaving today for the airport. I had so much fun with them and I really enjoyed being otakus in japan together. But not just them I might see a few people here and there before the last two weeks are up and we might see each other at the airport but now its time for us to go our separate ways all over the world. I would really like to visit Les in Canada, Darlo in the UK and Martin in Germany but will I ever be able to?

I know its part of life to make relationships and then go your separate ways, make new ones and repeat but their is a part of me that just wants to stay a ryugakusei with these people forever. But at the same time I know that there is a new and exciting road ahead of me as well.

You know for it being such an emotional farewell party for me, I don't have too much to say for once. I really enjoyed spending times with everyone here and maybe I didn't accomplish what I wanted (never did find that Japanese girlfriend) I still had an incredible experience that I will treasure forever.

No comments: