Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back home

Well its been about a week and a half being back home in America. The plane ride was not that bad actually and I was crying coming off the airplane because I was just so happy to see my family again. I had a huge culture shock seeing how big America really is and how beautiful of a place we all live in. I was also really surprised to see how everyone looked so different. I got so used to everyone being Japanese and me being the one guy who was different in a crowd. It was also really weird to see the way clerks and sales people talk to customers, we are all so laid back and friendly. Of course I also had the culture shock of seeing American prices, DVDs, games, transportation, all of that stuff is so cheap. In fact seeing everything so cheap has really made me want to not pirate stuff anymore. Like Japanese people pay crazy amounts for their entertainment stuff but pirate way less then we do. I feel that I ought to be more appreciate what America has and "be honest with my dealings with my fellow man".

So the first weekend back I spent with Cameron, Tyler, Heather and Rob. It was a lot of fun. Other then that I've spent time at home and I'm already feeling really restless. Like I can't stay inside all day just playing video games or watching anime. I love doing those things but I need to get out and do something productive with my time.

I went to institute on Wednesday night and it was a good lesson but no one introduced themselves to me and I just fell into that same rut that I always do of just sitting there being too shy to talk to strangers. I was pretty mad at myself for that because I did so much embarrassing and out of my comfort zone things in Japan that I should be able to just do anything. No excuses next time I guess.

Well other then I'm bored at home I don't have much more to say, kind of makes me miss the blogs from when I was in Japan where I would write for hours.

---Ben

No comments: