Thursday, July 22, 2010

The day before

Tomorrow morning I leave for PHX airport where I will go to LA for orientation, then the next day fly to Japan. My job officially starts tomorrow. I don't know why but it still hasn't hit me. This is the moment I have been dreaming of for years and years and it is at my finger tips but it just seems like a normal day. It has been stressful though, so many things to pack and store and through out. So much paperwork to worry about, so I think that has been sucking some of the fun out of it.

Or maybe it is because I have studied abroad before that I know I can see my friends again, I can skype with people, and I can visit home, that I am not feeling so anxious. It kind of like how when I went before I was like a kid on Christmas morning, and now I am like a parent on Christmas morning, I have to make it all somehow work even though I will still enjoy it.

Thinking back though I have really enjoyed my time in Tucson. I had a little bit of a rough start making friends and I had my ups and downs but I have wonderful people in my life and I am grateful for that.

I wonder what my new life will be like. Having build a social life from scratch might be a little rough at first but as long as I always try and find something to do or go to, I should be alright. Or rather I know as long as I stay true to being a good church member, it will be alright.

So I guess I'm ready to go.

No comments: