Saturday, April 18, 2009

conan movie #13!

So the past few days I kind of flipped out. I thought that I failed big time because my Japanese was still so terrible and everyone else who had a host family they liked was close to being fluent. I felt like this was my one chance to improve my Japanese to the level I needed it to be and that I had my dream kind of taken away from me. So I prayed about it and I got my answer the next day when I was talking to my friend Jay who just mentioned "I mean I wasn't naive enough to think I'd be fluent but my Japanese improved a lot". That was exactly what I needed to hear so I started to feel better from that point.

So last night me, Jay, Martin, and Courtney went to go see the 13th Detective Conan movie, The Raven Chasers. We were all pretty impressed with ourselves afterwords because we understood enough of the movie for it to be really enjoyable and get the major plot points. It was a pretty good conan movie and I was just really happy to be able to see one of them in a theater. Like downloaded anime is pretty good, HD anime gives a really solid picture but man 35mm just blows me away how good it looks. It was a lot of fun. Also it was packed and we had to get a later showing too because it was sold out.

Schools really coming close to the end right now and it's mixed feelings. I am kind of fed up with school and I need that little break but also going back to the real world with job and that summer class and all of that jazz, not looking forward to that.

Well that's that
---Ben

No comments: