Saturday, October 18, 2008

Another week

Well that small laptop I was thinking about I ended up buying. Its really cool and convenient. It weighs less then a text book and is smaller then one too so its really easy to carry it around with me wherever I go. I can download anime while I'm at school (internet sucks at home), I can use it as a dictionary, and I can watch videos on the train ride home. It was 29,800 yen and I got 3,600 yen credit on my next purchase so its not too bad of a deal actually.

This week kind of went by pretty fast but this week I have midterms. Its only midterms for the Japanese language class and its three days of tests. Its retarded. A day where we are going to be tested over like 300 kanji and one for a conversation test and another for grammar. Its going to suck.

You always here how much better Japanese food is for you but the giant dinner my mom makes and all of the great snacks around I feel quite a bit fatter. There is a gym on campus that I can use but I have to have a pair of shoes just for the gym and I don't know where I can get shoes that are like under $40, so I have to do more searching I need a gym setting to exercise.

Thursday as I was walking home I just found a sega saturn on the street. It was in its original box with the manual, all of the cables and looked like it was hardly used at all. This was amazing like you never just find things you actually want for free like that.

Saturday me and a few people went to yodobashi, pokemon center and den den town. Pokemon center was a little disappointing as it was just a medium size store and didn't have a whole lot of incredibly rare pokemon things or stuff like that. But Zoe really seemed to enjoy going. Yodobashi wasn't that exciting today for some reason. I was looking for a video adapter for my laptop so I can play my game systems but what they had just felt too expensive. Den Den town I picked up like 7 more Saturn games dirt cheap (including Panzer Dragoon RPG but that was 500 yen) I also got some manga for 50 yen each (I thought the book store near school was cheap but those start at 105 yen and go up)and I got two more models. I really enjoy gundam models here.

Well at some point I have to do a presentation on the battle of sekigahara so I'll get going on that, catch you later everyone

1 comment:

PomeroyFamily said...

I am very proud of you. You took on this big adventure and faced teh challenge without backing down. You are being fiscally responsible but are still really taking advantage of this great opportunity. It sounds like you are having a great time, even though you have some struggles. We all miss you and love you very much.